Apply visa for Japan in Sydney, Australia
All visa applicants now must book their appointments online in advance to schedule a suitable date and time to visit the consulate to apply for a visa.
Online booking and visa application procedure
1) Complete ALL visa application documents required to be submitted to the consulate.
2) Book visa application appointment online.
3) Receive confirmation email with booking code.
4) Print out confirmation email, booking code and ALL visa application documents and bring them to the consulate on the date of your appointment.
5) Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment time.
6) Check-in by inputting printed booking code into ticket machine.
Japan Visa Information Hotline
A New Visa Telephone Assistance 24/7 from 1st April 2019 -
Phone: 1800 171 443
Assistance hours: 24 hours & 7days a week
Available language: English only
Consulate-General of Japan in Sydney
Address: Level 12, 1 O'Connell St, Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: +61 2 9250 1000 (Switchboard)
Fax: +61 2 9252 6600 (General)
Fax: +61 2 9252 6555 (Visa & Consular)
Fax: +61 2 9252 3344 (Information & Culture)